By Hubregt J. Visser
This ebook bargains an in-depth assurance of basic antenna thought, and indicates easy methods to follow this in perform. the writer discusses electromagnetic radiation and antenna features similar to impedance, radiation trend, polarization, achieve and potency. moreover, the publication presents readers with the mandatory instruments for examining advanced antennas and for designing new ones. in addition, a refresher bankruptcy on vector algebra, together with gradient, divergence and curl operation is integrated. in the course of the booklet abundant examples of applying the derived idea are given and all chapters are concluded with difficulties, giving the reader the chance to check his/her obtained knowledge.
- Covers the mathematical and actual heritage that's had to comprehend electromagnetic radiation and antennas
- Discusses the foundation of radiation and offers an in-depth rationalization of antenna parameters
- Explores the entire useful steps in antenna research permitting the reader to appreciate and learn new antenna structures
- Contains a bankruptcy on vector algebra, that is usually a stumbling block for newbies during this field
- Includes examples and an inventory of difficulties on the finish of every chapter
- Accompanied by means of an internet site containing options to the issues (for teachers) and CST modeling records (www.wiley.com/go/visser_antennas
This ebook will function a useful reference for complicated (last 12 months Bsc, Msc) scholars in antenna and RF engineering, instant communications, electric engineering, radio engineers and different pros wanting a reference on antenna idea. it is going to even be of curiosity to advanced/senior radio engineers, designers and developers.
Read or Download Antenna Theory and Applications PDF
Best telecommunications books
Layout and research of Analog Filters: A sign Processing point of view contains sign processing/systems techniques in addition to implementation. whereas so much books on analog clear out layout in brief current the sign processing/systems thoughts, after which focus on various filter out implementation equipment, the current publication reverses the emphasis, stressing sign processing ideas.
Cognitive radio know-how is a wiser, speedier, and extra effective solution to transmit details to and from mounted, cellular, different instant communique units. Cognitive radio builds upon software-defined radio know-how. A cognitive radio procedure is 'aware' of its working surroundings and instantly adjusts itself to take care of wanted communications—it’s like having a knowledgeable operator ‘inside’ the radio making consistent changes for max functionality.
The main thorough, up to date reference on channel equalization—from simple options to advanced modeling options In modern instant-access society, a excessive top rate is put on details that may be saved and communicated successfully. hence, garage densities and communications premiums are being driven to potential, inflicting info symbols to intrude with each other.
With a Foreword by way of Geoffrey Nowell-Smith From Hollywood blockbusters to artists’ movie and video, vendors play a extremely important function in getting movies in entrance of audiences. because the hyperlink among construction and exhibition, their acquisition regulations, promotional practices, and point of assets confirm what's on hand, and so support form the very nature of our movie tradition.
- Signal Traffic: Critical Studies of Media Infrastructures (The Geopolitics of Information)
- Communication Networks Economy (Networks and Telecommunications)
- Integration, Interconnection, and Interoperability of IoT Systems (Internet of Things)
- Digital Communications Test and Measurement: High-Speed Physical Layer Characterization (paperback) (Prentice Hall Modern Semiconductor Design Series: Prentice Hall Signal Integrity Library)
- Sharing RF Spectrum with Commodity Wireless Technologies: Theory and Practice (Signals and Communication Technology)
Extra info for Antenna Theory and Applications
Antenna Theory and Applications by Hubregt J. Visser